Online Safety Tips:
If your children use the Internet at home, you already know how important it is to help protect them from inappropriate content and contact. This basic safety tips and rules apply for most online chat environments. Common sense and caution should always prevail.
- Anything you type in a chat room can be seen by everyone who is using that chat room so be careful what you type. In cyberspace the walls don't so much have ears as eyes.
- Choose a non identifiable, non gender specific screen name (and keep it clean!)
- Never give out any personal information whilst chatting online. That means your real name, telephone or cell phone number[s], mailing address, passwords, banking details etc. Ignore requests for personal information like A/S/L and be vague with responses to questions like WITW.
- Never accept files or downloads from people you don't know or from people you do know, if you weren‘t expecting them. This includes URLs.
- Never arrange to meet someone offline that you only know through chat room conversations.(A Parent must be present)
- Make sure you report problems to the chat room administrator or moderator.
- If you have young children, you may want to navigate the Internet with them. For older kids, agree on where they can and can't go before they log on. You can also check where your kids have been by looking at the browser history in your computer's web browser menu.
- Protect passwords. It sounds obvious, but remind your kids not to give out their online passwords and not to click on "remember me" settings on public computers, like at school or at the library.
- If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. This can be done via your "login" page.
- Don't share photos of yourself, your family, or your home with people you meet online.
- Nothing you write on the Web is completely private. Be careful what you write and to whom.
- When in doubt, always ask your parents for help. If you're not sure, log off.
Thank you for helping us keeps Kabibi a safe and enjoyable place to socialize with friends.
To report abuse, harassment, inappropriate content, or privacy complaints. contact us