- 2011-02-20 - The man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren (PHOTOS)
- 2011-03-07 - WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: African Artist Singing With No Underwear (PHOTOS)
- 2010-11-28 - CAMEROON: A Young Lady Naked Her self For Riches (PHOTOS)
- 2012-01-08 - Man sent photo of ex-wife semi-naked with lesbian lover to her parents
- 2013-02-22 - Woman arrested for having sex with pit bull
- Who Is Lying?: John Dumelo's Alleged Wife Makes Video About Their Marriage (WATCH)
- Korean Model Disfigures Her Face By Injecting Her Face With Cooking Oil (PHOTOS/VIDEO)
- Man slit girlfriend's throat, made love to her while she bled to death
- SHAME!!! 12 Arrested For Shooting Pornographic Film with a dog In Kenya (VIDEO)
- NIGERIA: Father Sells His 6-Month-Old Son To Pay For Greece Visa
SHE'S A GRANDMOTHER -- AT AGE 23!
A gypsy wife has become the world's youngest grandmother - aged just 23.
Rifca Stanescu, from the village of Investi, Romania, told how she gave birth to her daughter, Maria, while only 13.
Despite her mother's pleas to stay in school, Maria gave birth to son Ion at the age of 11.
Happy family: Rifca Stanescu, left, now 25, gave birth to daughter maria aged just 12. Maria then bore Ion, now two, right, at the age of 11
Rifca, now 25, told the Sun: 'I am happy to be a grandmother but I wished something else for Maria - and something else for me.
'Ion is a good boy - and he is already engaged to a girl aged 8. Boys are always good to have - they don't have to suffer as much girls I think.'
Born in 1985, Rifca defied her family's wishes and ran away with jewellery seller Ionel Stanescu when she was 11 and he was 13.
A year after they were married, Rifca fell pregnant with Maria.
She said: 'I wanted to marry him, so I agreed, and of course after we had spent the night together then there was no way anyone could separate us. I had been promised to another boy's family since I was two years old but I didn't want that.'
In gypsy culture virginity is greatly prized and women are married young so that new husband's can be sure their new wives are virgins who affect a good dowry from the families of prospective husbands. Loss of virginity means a deal is cancelled.
Close knit: Rifca with husband Ionel and grandson Ion
She added: 'Before that there was a lot of fighting - once my father had even attacked my husband with a knife. He wanted him to pay 500,000 lei in compensation. My family even took me home but after three days I ran away again to be with him.'
After Maria's birth, Ionel's family paid Rifca's father a dowry and all was settled.
Maria's birth made Rifca's mother a grandmother aged 40.
Rifca said she begged daughter Maria to stay in school and finish her education.
Maria decided to follow in her footsteps and marry herself. Within six months she too had fallen pregnant with Ion.
She told how in Romanian gypsy community it is common for couples to marry young.
Rifca added: 'I did not try to stop my daughter getting married because this is the tradition, it's what happens.'
The youngest British grandmother was an unnamed 26-year-old from Rotheram, Yorkshire whose 12-year-old daughter gave birth in 1999.
You have no rights to post comments. You must be a member to post comments LOG IN